Ready-to-go lessons that inspire kids to love art
The Kids Art Projects 101 membership program is designed for parents and teachers who want to tap into art experiences that encourage creativity, support problem solving and skill development, and inspire self-confidence in young artists.
You already know kids benefit in so many ways from authentic art experiences
You hear it everywhere… Business leaders are saying they value creativity as one of the leading skills they look for in new employees. Leading early childhood organizations are saying that the art of creating is essential to early childhood development. Research shows the mental health benefits of art experiences in children and adults of all ages. And you know in your heart engaging, well-developed art experiences:
- foster creativity,
- inspire kids to take artistic risks,
- provide an outlet for reducing stress and anxiety that are currently on the rise in children,
- encourage self-discovery and self-confidence, and more!
Hi, I’m Cara! I am an elementary art teacher. I’ve been teaching K-5 art for more than 20 years. I believe beautiful things happen when you invite children to engage in authentic, age-appropriate, art experiences. I have a BFA (I majored in Painting/minored in Art History), an MA in Art Education, and a doctoral degree (Ed.D.) in Instructional Leadership. I am a mom to two boys, ages 9 and 12. Helping children understand and enjoy the visual arts is my passion. I created Kids Art Projects 101 to share my approach with you. I hope my work saves you time and inspires the kids in your life!
So what can you expect from Kids Art Projects 101?
Kids Art Projects 101 is a collaborative community where parents and teachers get access to engaging art lessons, implementation tips, and ongoing support as they make authentic art experiences a regular part of children’s lives.
Fostering Creativity Through Process Art
We begin with a strong foundation in process art. In this series there are 48 simple and fun process art activities to try with your kids. Each lesson offers strategies for simplifying, enriching, and extending each activity so you can adjust to suit your kids’ needs. The focus here is playful exploration as you introduce children ages 3 to 6 to a wide variety of art experiences.
The Fostering Creativity Through Art Series Delivers:
- Open-ended art activities designed to inspire creative art exploration
- Printable PDFs with clear directions, supply lists, work-sample photos, and tips for getting the most out of each activity
- Differentiated strategies for simplifying, enriching, and extending each activity so you can adjust to suit your needs.
Famous Artist Series
Introduce children to famous artworks and details about famous artists through an ongoing series of detailed unit plans for K-2 art teachers and homeschool families.
Art Song Posters to Help with Transitions and Mini-Lessons
Help students cheerfully absorb and reinforce procedural and art-specific knowledge! There are songs for key transitions and routines that we do regularly in the art room!
Doodle Prompt Calendars
Inspire artists of all ages to create art daily with a fun doodle prompts in a printable monthly format. These are great for early arrivers, early finishers, and sub plans!
Get organized and tackle all the extras that come your way as an art teacher with our growing library of organizational resources.
But that’s only the beginning! New content added monthly!
In the 2022-2023 school year our monthly features will be: 1) Continued Monthly Scripted Slideshows and Project Guides for the Famous Artist Series! We will continue rolling out new units from our Famous Artist Series as we work toward a full PreK-5 art curriculum. These units are full of facilitator tips and practical suggestions. You can expect to see names like:
- George Rodrigue
- MC Escher
- Yayoi Kusama
- Naoki Hayashi
- Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Georgia O’Keefe
2) Continued Video Trainings! Every time we release a scripted slideshow, we’ll continue to follow up with a video training to unpack the unit. These videos are full of actionable tips to help you implement the unit with ease and make the most of the content with your students. 3) Narrated digital storybooks! I’m making it even easier for you to do these units with your students and buying you a bit of time in the process. Throughout the year I’ll be sharing recorded digital storybooks where I’ll narrate the digital storybook portion of each unit so you can share it directly with your students (or just take a listen to gather your own notes if you’d like!). Use these extra couple of minutes to take attendance, put out supplies, or just take a few deep breaths! 4) Video Updates! Each month I’ll share what’s going on in my classroom, which units I’m using during the month ahead, and share tips to help you have a smooth school year with your young artists. 5) Special Bonuses! Along the way we’ll weave in some special bonuses like our brand new art teacher planner.
Get more details in this video overview.
Results! Watch your children deeply engage with authentic, age-appropriate, art experiences! It’s good for the soul! (Theirs and yours!) Community! Membership includes the immeasurable bonus of sharing the highs and lows of this creative adventure with people in the same boat! Convenience! You are perfectly capable of planning this all out yourself, but let’s face it, who has the time? Why not let an experienced art teacher save you the trouble? Entertainment! The activities and community will keep you laughing and inspired!
Children of all ages can benefit from participation in the Kids Art Projects 101 Program, and we are ultimately building toward a complete PreK through 5th Grade art curriculum. Our current resource library is most closely aligned with the skills and interests of those in preschool through grade 2. While we designed the Fostering Creativity Through Process Art series with preschoolers in mind, the truth is process art activities are open-ended and can be done by kids (and adults!) of all ages. Generally process art experiences can be introduced to kids as young as 2 or 3 who are beyond the “put everything in your mouth” phase. Older kids will interact with the art projects in a different way and make different discoveries. All ages will benefit from the experience! The projects in the new Famous Art Series were originally developed for use in a public school art room with kindergarten students, but have been adapted into a scripted PowerPoint format so that they can be easily utilized in a variety of settings and with a slightly broader age-range. In the coming years of the program, we will be adding a new series each year so that the entire program will include a comprehensive art curriculum for preschool through grade 5. As a member you will get access to these new resources as they are released in the coming years.
Sound dreamy? Click the pink button below to get started right away.